Local SERVPRO Honored with National Award for Outstanding Performance
Local SERVPRO Honored with National Award for Outstanding Performance
SERVPRO®, an industry leader in disaster cleanup, restoration and remediation services, recognized Randy Miller and Michael Snyder, owners of SERVPRO of Saginaw/SERVPRO of Bay City with the Regency Legend Silver award for outstanding revenue performance in 2014. This award places SERVPRO of Saginaw/SERVPRO of Bay City as the second largest SERVPRO franchise in the United States out of nearly 1,700 franchises.
The Awards event took place at the company’s 46th Annual Convention, held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The event attracted a record-setting group of more than 2,700 Franchise owners and key employees.
“Winning this award requires a partnership between the dedicated team at SERVPRO of Saginaw/Bay City and our franchisor SERVPRO,” said Miller. “We contribute by working hard to earn the trust and respect of home and business owners in our community. SERVPRO backs us up by providing us with the tools, training, and knowledge to help us maintain our leadership position in our industry. Together, we are ready at a moment’s notice to step in with the highest level of professional assistance when disaster strikes.”
SERVPRO is an industry leader in disaster cleanup, restoration and remediation services. The convention program featured 54 workshop sessions covering 29 different topics along with a motivational keynote address by Jon Gordon. The focus of the program was to bring SERVPRO owners and key staff up-to-date on the most advanced disaster mitigation solutions available and to provide them with insights on building and maintaining successful businesses.
“On behalf of SERVPRO Industries, Inc., I congratulate all of our honorees on a successful year,” said SERVPRO Industries, Inc., Chief Executive Officer Sue Steen. “SERVPRO’s reputation as an industry leader in disaster cleanup is earned and enhanced each day by individuals like these. We are proud of both their contributions to their communities and their success as business people. Through events like our annual Convention, we continue to provide our dedicated business owners and team members with the latest industry and peer-group knowledge, innovative tools, and corporate updates to help them build their businesses and provide world-class service to their customers.”
Career Opportunities at SERVPRO of Downriver
Would you like a career that makes a difference? A place where you can be a HERO to people with damaged property? Apply today as a Production Cleaning Technician at SERVPRO of Downriver!
We are currently seeking candidates for a Production Cleaning Technician in our growing location. Experience is preferred, but we will train the right people. Required job tasks include:
· Respectful, empathetic, and courteous toward distressed customers with property damage
· Dependable, punctual, honest, and hard working
· Able to work independently and follow directions
· Physically able to perform manual labor such as climbing ladders, reaching overhead, carry or move 50+ lbs., and complete detailed deep cleaning
· Able to obtain a chauffeurs license
· Available after hours for rotating emergency service calls
· Must follow SERVPRO production guidelines
· Able to accomplish job tasks as assigned and meet customer needs
· Support crew chief and other production personnel as needed
· Clean and maintain vehicles, equipment, warehouse and office areas as needed
Potential candidates must undergo a drug test and background check.
Selling your home? Let us help!
Selling your home? We can help you get your interior up to par before you place it on market! You’ll be able to present your home in a way that attracts buyers and results in increased market value.
Here are some of the ways our team can clean your home:
Duct and HVAC System Cleaning
Air ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. We use a Portable Ventilation and Air Duct Cleaning System to examine duct work and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- Allergens and pet dander are reduced
- Offensive odors are eliminated
- Operating conditions and efficiency are improved
- Carpets, Upholstery, Drapes, and Blinds
- Ceilings, walls, and hard floors
Carpets and Upholstery Cleaning
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Call us at 734-285-3880 to learn more about our services.
Practice and Build Out Your Plans
Disasters don’t plan ahead. You Can. Every disaster plan should include an Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK).
Here are more tips from SERVPRO of Downriver on how to practice and build out your plans in case of a disaster:
- Maintain emergency savings for use in case of an emergency
- Participate in an emergency drill
- Know how to access community resources (e.g., shelters, food banks)
- Maintain emergency savings in case of a disaster.
- Do you know how to access community resources where you live? Search online today.
- Make digital copies of important documents and save them on the cloud or a secure cell phone app in case disaster strikes.
- Have at least a one-week supply of medications.
- Flood insurance policies have a 30-day waiting period before they go into effect. Plan now for floods floodsmart.gov
- Give yourself financial peace of mind & create an emergency savings account that can be used in a crisis
- Financial prep tip: gather & store critical personal, household, & medical information for easy access during a disaster.
Make a Disaster Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends
Disasters don’t plan ahead. You Can. This week we are focusing on making a plan for yourself, family and your friends.
Make a plan today. Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area. Preparing the family for an emergency is as simple as a conversation over dinner. Here are some ideas from SERVPRO of Saginaw to get you started:
- Know how you’ll contact one another and reconnect if separated.
- Establish a family meeting place that’s familiar and easy to find.
- Download a group texting app so your entire family can keep in touch before, during & after an emergency.
- Practice evacuating in the car with your animals, so they’re more comfortable if you need to evacuate in an emergency.
- Consider downloading the Fema app with weather alerts for up to 5 locations: fema.gov/mobile-app
- Sign up for local emergency alerts in your area by searching online.
Keeping yourself, family and your friends safe is your first priority when disaster strikes. Be sure you have plan in place before disaster strikes. For more information on creating and implementing a Disaster Plan visit Ready.gov.
Is your North Carolina business ready for Hurricane Florence?
Water damage can strike your commercial property at any time. Water damage can sideline your business, regardless if the damage occurs from a major storm event or a broken water line. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when you have an emergency water event, we offer fast, 24 hour emergency services, 365 days per year.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training, experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, they will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Disaster Recovery Team takes on Hurricane Florance
With our national footprint, we are shipping out our Disaster Recovery Team to the east coast in preparation for the 2018 Hurricane Florence.
The Disaster Recovery Team will be mobilizing resources and equipment needed to restore damaged buildings from flooding, wind storms, and other hurricane and storm related damages.
Let us get you back in business as soon as possible--Don't let Hurricane Florence take you down for good.
Faster to any disaster.
Is your Home Prepared for Storm Damage?
Severe Weather Ready
There is a time of the year when tornadoes are more prominent than others. That time is often during the spring and summer, possibly in the fall as well. Many people don't have a plan for severe weather that includes tornadoes. With a little careful planning, your family can have an increased chance of staying safe during a storm.
Make A Plan For The Family
Although you need to create a plan, there is something more important that you need to do with your family. You need to practice your plan so that everyone knows where to go no matter what time of the day or night severe weather strikes. Write down all of the important phone numbers of family and friends so that you can stay in contact with them after the storm to ensure that they are safe. Another important number to have is your insurance adjuster. This number is beneficial if there is damage to the home. Companies like SERVPRO can come to the home to help with water removal and other storm damage that occurs inside the house.
Keep copies of all of your important documents, such as social security cards and birth certificates. You also need to have a way to communicate with others in the event there is no power or phone service. If there is a large group of people in the disaster area, each person needs to know how to contact others. Designate a leader and an assistant to check with others in the area to make sure everyone is accounted for after the storm.
An emergency preparedness kit is something to have so that your family can survive if there is no power or if the family is stuck in the home because of damages from the storm. Items in the kit should last for about 72 hours. Batteries are essential so that you can use your phone, radio or a battery-powered television. You also need flashlights, a gallon of water for each person for at least three days and non-perishable foods. Other items that you might want to include in your kit are blankets, powdered formula for babies, a first aid kit, and clothing. It's also a good idea to have a spare cell phone charger.
Before a storm arrives, if possible, secure items that might blow away. These include chairs and toys that are in the yard. When you are prepared for a natural disaster and the storm damage that could take place, it can help give your family a peace of mind so that they can focus on remaining safe and together.
Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources
SERVPRO is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too, and are proud to be part of the Downriver community. We are also part of a national network of 1,650 with special Disaster Recover Teams that can respond with additional resources during catastrophic
Getting prepared for storms
Now is the time to prepare for whatever Mother Nature throws our way. An Emergency Supply Kit is a good place to begin.
An Emergency Supply Kit is simply a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
Try to assemble your kit well in advance of an emergency. You may have to evacuate at a moment’s notice and take essentials with you. You will probably not have time to search for the supplies you need or shop for them.
You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. This means having your own food, water and other supplies in sufficient quantity to last for at least 72 hours.
Recommended Items to Include in an Emergency Supply Kit:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather
Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask, to help filter contaminated air
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food)
- Local maps
- Phone charges with adapters to allow charging in an automobile
If you suffer storm damage to your home or property, we can be there to take immediate action. We can help minimize secondary damages caused by severe storms.
Now is the time to prepare for whatever Mother Nature throws our way. An Emergency Supply Kit is a good place to begin. An Emergency Supply Kit is si
Restoring storm and flood-damaged properties is the cornerstone of our business. Our highly trained professionals use specialized equipment and advanced training to quickly restore your Westland property to pre-storm condition. We’re dedicated to responding immediately, which helps to minimize secondary damage.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
This is important because in many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. We arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.