Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger
For the final week of National Preparedness Month SERVPRO of Downriver encourages you to get involved! Disasters don’t plan ahead. You Can. Get involved and share preparedness info in your community, faith-based organization, business & more:
- 40% of businesses never recover after a disaster. Watch this video and #PlanAhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U0EFYKGn50&feature=youtu.be
- Develop a preparedness program for your business to plan for & reduce the impact of disasters: ready.gov/business
- Planning ahead for disasters can be the difference between going out of business and running a successful one.
- Ready Campus
- Make sure your campus is a Ready Campus and prepared for all types of emergencies. Get involved: ready.gov/campus
- Make sure your school has emergency procedures in place for disasters that could affect your campus.
- Know how to get in touch with family/friends if phones are down. Text instead of call and mark yourself as safe on social media.
- If you can’t get in touch with family/friends after a disaster, register yourself as “Safe and Well” on theRed Cross’ website
- Sign up to receive alerts from your school in case of an emergency like an active shooter event or natural disaster.
- Faith-Based Preparedness
- Keep your congregation safe – make sure your house of worship has a plan for all types of emergencies.
- Faith-based venues can become targets. Protect your congregation & house of worship by preparing for emergencies: fema.gov/faith-resources
- Take steps to protect your house of worship from arson. Illuminate the exterior/entrances and clear anything that could fuel fire.